Thursday, February 6, 2014

What is your Motivation?

In the last couple of years I have made it my personal quest to learn how to learn. There are so many factors that play into someone "learning". I am first going to explore motivation in the learning process. Why does someone want to learn? With extrinsic or outside motivation learning is mostly a temporary and painful process, for an example see my high school years.  With externally driven intrinsic motivation (I know an oxymoron) learning is an endeavor that needs to be done in order to accomplish something else, for an example see my college years. With internally driven intrinsic motivation learning is a thrilling adventure, see my hobbies and interests. There is a final motivation which is a life well lived. This learning is self-actuated motivation of progressing and being a little better today than you were yesterday and better tomorrow than you are today, hopefully see my life.

I dare say that most learning in our lives falls somewhere in that continuum of motivation. So the question that i am going to ask you is why are you learning?

Therefore What:
What is the highest purpose/motivation you can connect to your immediate need to learn?






No comments:

Post a Comment