Thursday, February 6, 2014

Journaling - Learning from life

For the Past five months I have been keeping a journal. I have been encouraged my whole life to keep a journal and I resisted because I did not think that I was a good writer and I feared that someone would look at it and they would get a glimpse inside my head, which could be a scary thing. Five months ago I was convinced (finally) that those who do not learn from their own past are destined or cursed to relive it.  So I have been writing a daily Journal, I have been including events, thoughts, experiences and I have also included at the end of the entry a category labeled Therefore What. I read back on what I wrote that day and determine what can I learn from what I wrote. Then I try to make that learned principle actionable by deciding what can I do about it and then schedule a time to do it. The motivation of learning from my experiences and striving to be a little better each day is the reason I have kept it up for the last five months.

Therefore What:
What questions can I ask myself to do a better job of journaling and learning from my experiences?

  • Taking and including photos in my journal
  • Including links 
  • Include quotes and passages from people and printed material 

No comments:

Post a Comment